[all] Resend New CFN(Computing Force Network) SIG Proposal

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Wed Apr 27 16:51:05 UTC 2022

 ---- On Wed, 27 Apr 2022 08:23:57 -0500 Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote ----
 > On 2022-04-27 11:22:05 +0800 (+0800), niujie wrote:
 > [...]
 > > My email was being held several hours for moderator before arrived
 > > because too many recipients
 > [...]
 >
 > As an aside, it's not recommended to Cc additional recipients when
 > posting to a mailing list, since that has a tendency to result in
 > split discussions among non-subscribers and duplicate deliveries for
 > list subscribers. Encourage non-subscribers to participate in the
 > discussion either by subscribing to the list or following along with
 > the Web archive at
 > http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/ depending on
 > which they find most convenient.

Well, that is what I raised concern in tc channel when my reply went to approval first. It
could make these kind of async while replying and seeing other reply depends on when
your email is approved by moderator. We cannot expcet moderator will keep eyes on
every min for this ML thread.

I still stand on my proposal to relax this 'more recipients ' rule at least making recipients number
threshold to 20 or so. That will definitely benefit the new thread from new people.

The Current rule is causing more issues then its benefits, at least with current limit of recipients numbers.

-gmann