[TripleO] Final TripleO repos release for stable/victoria - any requests?

Marios Andreou marios at redhat.com
Mon Apr 18 15:31:09 UTC 2022

On Wed, Apr 13, 2022 at 3:57 PM Marios Andreou <marios at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> The stable/victoria branch for all tripleo repos will transition to
> Extended Maintenance in 2 weeks [1].
>
> To prevent delays I have prepared a final victoria release at [2].
>
> That [2] will be updated after its depends-on merges (puppet metadata
> bump) to pickup the latest victoria commits at that point.
>
> If there are any patches you want included then please speak up and
> I'll wait for and include those commits before updating
> releases/+/836921 [2].
>
> This is the last ever release to be made from stable/victoria. Once it
> goes to Extended Maintenance we can no longer release.
>
> I'll hold it for a few days.. Unless I hear otherwise I will update
> [2] on Monday and try to get it merged next week.

This is less than ideal as many folks are out, especially at the start
of this week or even until next week.
However we are on a time limit as we don't want to delay the move to
Extended Maintenance. The victoria release patch at
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/836921 should be
updated and merged by the end of this week max start of next week.

Once https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/puppet-tripleo/+/836920/3#message-9f2a6b922a3bef96a5a7c15f78c3c5d192fe969e
merges I'll update releases/+/836921 with the latest commits sometime
in the next couple of days.

If you see this and want a particular thing included that is still in
review please speak up - last chance ;)

regards, marios