[all][tc] Dropping the lower constraints maintenance

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Thu Apr 14 19:19:23 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone,

In zed cycle PTG, TC discussed the lower constraints maintenance again and after considering
all the existing and current issues (discussed any times in the ML thread[1]), we agreed to drop
the lower-constraints.txt file, x env, and its testing on master as well as on stable branches. But
for reference to anyone using them (Debian as we know), we will keep them as it is in
the requirements.txt file with our best effort to keep them up to date.

I have proposed the TC resolution for this, if you have any feedback please add it on Gerrit patch:

- https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/838004

[1]
 http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2021-January/019659.html
 http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2020-December/019390.html