[blazar][requirements] setuptools and python_version in upper constraints

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org
Wed Apr 13 18:29:27 UTC 2022

W dniu 13.04.2022 o 17:02, Matthew Thode pisze:
>> I tracked down the regression to the upper constraint on setuptools. For
>> example, stable/yoga has:
>>
>> setuptools===59.6.0;python_version=='3.6'
>> setuptools===60.9.3;python_version=='3.8'
>>
>> It appears this is ignored in the py39 job so the job runs with the latest
>> setuptools. Indeed, there were some releases between March 10 and March 24.
>> I still have to figure out what changed in setuptools to cause this
>> behaviour.
>>
>> Question for requirements maintainers: is this expected behaviour, or
>> should upper constraints also include lines for python_version=='3.9' on
>> yoga?

> I plan on removing py36 and adding py39 constraints today or tomorrow.

So we will have ones for 3.8, other ones for 3.9 and then for 3.10 too?

Can we just do one set with "3.8 is minimal, if someone runs older then
it is their problem"?

3.8  - Ubuntu 'focal' 20.04
3.9  - Debian 'bullseye' 11, CentOS Stream 9/RHEL 9 (and rebuilds)
3.10 - Ubuntu 'jammy' 22.04

Those are "main" distributions OpenStack Zed runs on. We should have one
set with "python_version" limits used only when it is REALLY needed.