[qa][ptg] PTG Summary

Martin Kopec mkopec at redhat.com
Tue Apr 12 13:56:44 UTC 2022

Hello everyone,

thank you to all who participated in the PTG discussions and shared their
thoughts and opinions. It's very much appreciated!

Here is the summary of the discussions [1]:
* Yoga Retrospective
** more details in [1]

* Secure RBAC
** Devstack - mostly done, it has already options to enable enforce scope
** Tempest - tests will need to be migrated
*** will be started after Keystone and Nova are migrated

* FIPS current status and next plans
** Tempest will use ecdsa keys by default (instead of rsa)
** QA team will help reviewing related patches
*** https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/qa-zed-ptg-fips

* Tempest tests in mixed-architecture environments
** there is no support in Zuul for a testing like this
** still in a brainstorming phase looking for a potential solution, if you
have any ideas, feel free to reach out

* Direction on replacing the scenario manager
** in progress, the plan is to finish it (merge related patches) sooner in
the cycle

* Retirement of QA projects
** openstack-health
** tempest-lib
** os-testr
*** ostestr command was removed from os-testr repo

* Future of Centos Stream support
** we'd like to create at least an experimental job on Rocky linux
** during the Zed cycle we would like to deprecated Centos 8 Stream and
influence projects to start using Centos 9 Stream jobs

The discussed topics are transformed into priority items [2] we will be
focusing on this cycle.

[1] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/qa-zed-ptg
[2] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/qa-zed-priority

Regards,