[openstack-ansible][PTG] Zed PTG results

Dmitriy Rabotyagov noonedeadpunk at ya.ru
Tue Apr 12 12:45:54 UTC 2022

Hi everyone!

Thanks everybody for taking time and attending a session. Despite we didn't
have much topics in our agenda, I believe it we had great discussion about
further steps in project development.

We have defined topics that we aim to implement before releasing Yoga:
* Move os_octavia role to use PKI role
* Implement keystone RBAC support and switch services role to `service`. Be
ready for final migration in Zed.
* Start implementing support for encrypting connection between haproxy and
it's backends
* We will also try to get Ubuntu 22.04 support before release, despite in
general we add Ubuntu LTS support in autumn.

Following plans regarding Zed release were set:
* Add unit testing of collections and common roles, with molecule. At same
time we should use dependencies from integrated repo for that.
* We will support concept of Tick/Tock releases and add testing for jumping
through releases.
* Implement shared queues for our jobs and see effect from that
* Fix repo server to _really_ support multiple distros in the same
environment
* We should revise in AA PTL if we should keep support for non-SSL
deployments, and keep upgrade path in Zed.

There was an agreement to EOL Pike and Queens releases in nearest future.
We also move Victoria to EM soon.

With lack of contributions/interest regarding some of features we are
reaching to community and interested parties to help out with support of:
* Installation path from distro packages
* Support of CentOS distributions

If you're interested in continuation of being these part of OSA, please
reach us out via ML or IRC to get more information about how you can help
out.

--
Kind regards,
Dmitriy Rabotyagov