[dev][infra][qa][tact-sig] Zuul behavior change with Depends-On across queues

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Apr 6 11:57:43 UTC 2022

On 2022-04-06 10:12:08 +0200 (+0200), Radosław Piliszek wrote:
> a question - is it possible to configure Zuul so that this "clean
> check" requirement is per-project rather than per-tenant?
[...]

It's part of the gate pipeline's approval requirements here:

https://opendev.org/openstack/project-config/src/commit/551b915b8a17cec720ff5959e98456ddcab441a4/zuul.d/pipelines.yaml#L78-L79

I think it could be accomplished by having two gate pipelines, using
one for projects which want it but another for projects which don't.
Note that any projects sharing a queue would have to rely on the
same gate pipeline, and a project could only use one gate or the
other (not both). By extension, this also means bifurcation of any
project-templates which include a gate pipeline set, so it might
result in a lot of duplication for standard templates.

For consistency's sake though, it would probably be best for the
tenant to have only a single gate pipeline.
--
Jeremy Stanley