[TripleO] Gate blockers - C8 Wallaby & C9 Master|Wallaby

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Tue Apr 5 20:28:43 UTC 2022

On Tue, Apr 5, 2022, at 12:58 PM, Dariusz Smigiel wrote:
> Hey!
> TripleO team noticed two separate issues which hit gates about 5h ago:
>
> * C8 Wallaby https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1967943
> * C9 Master|Wallaby: https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1967945
>
> Please withhold rechecking until further notice.

I think both of these issues are due to the problem where PyPI's CDN will fallback to the backup backend, and that backup backend is stale without newer package releases. OpenStack notices because constraints require specific versions that cannot be satisfied in these situations. Most other users of PyPI end up getting old versions.

If you request the package index for the packages experiencing these problems through our mirrors (which are actually just caching proxies) you'll typically find that all the versions are there as this problem is infrequent. Though infrequent it only takes one of the many packages being installed to have a problem to cause everything to break.

Others should double check this though as it is possible there is a requirement conflict or some other problem causing this.