wireguard - ? - puzzle

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Mon Apr 4 12:53:04 UTC 2022

On Mon, 2022-04-04 at 09:04 +0100, lejeczek wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> Has anybody solved that puzzle?
> Or perhaps it's not a puzzle at all, I'd imagine might be
> trivial to experts.
>
> First I thought - and only thought so far thus asking here -
> 'allowed_address_pairs' I'd need but that obviously does not
> do anything as 'wireguard' creates its own ifaces.
> So.. how do you get your 'wireguard' in openstack to route
> (no NAT) to instances' local network(s)?
i have not done this but i suspect you would need to enable the subnet used by wireguard
in the allowed adres pairs as you said on the instnace that is hosting the wireguard endpoint.
then set a staic route in the neutron router so other instance knew how to acess it.
you might also need to confiure some sequirty group rules but im not certin on the last point.

if you run wireguard in a vm it is basicaly becomeing a router which is not something that  we typicaly
expect vms to do but other service like octavia do this when they deploy loadblancers and the vpn as a service exteion similar
did this in the past so this should be possibel with the exising api.