Support to allow only boot from cinder volumes

Tobias Urdin tobias.urdin at binero.com
Mon Apr 4 08:41:56 UTC 2022

Another way to make it transparent is using the RBD image backend in Nova
and thus the instances look like they are running on local disk but is spawned on for
example Ceph, however that assumes you have such a backend.

In the future, which I’ve wanted for a long time, is a images backend in Nova that simply
is a proxy to calling Cinder and getting a volume, that way it would be volumes in both cases
but that’s a lot of work and edge cases that might need to be tuned.