[announce][debian][xena] general availability of OpenStack Xena in Debian

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed Sep 29 08:27:02 UTC 2021

Hi!

It's my pleasure to announce the general availability of OpenStack
Xena in Debian.

Indeed, I've just finished uploading everything to Debian Experimental
at the beginning of this week, and was able yesterday, to pop my first
VM over on top of Xena. This marks the first readiness of the release,
from the Debian point of view (even though there probably will be things
to fix, like after addressing
https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo.policy/+bug/1945336 for example, and
uploading the final release to replace the RCs when that becomes available).

The Bullseye backports are available the usual way, for example using
extrepo:

apt-get install extrepo
extrepo enable openstack_xena
apt-get update

or directly setting-up the http://bullseye-xena.debian.net repository
the usual way.

I'm currently in the process of uploading all of Xena to Debian Unstable
(but please bare with me: there's 225+ packages in this update).

Note that Xena can already be installed by OCI [1].

Please report any issue you may find, on OCI or on the Debian packages,
through the Debian BTS as usual.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)

[1]