[Tripleo] Support of Alma/Rocky Linux

Alex Schultz aschultz at redhat.com
Tue Sep 28 13:19:59 UTC 2021

On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 1:10 AM Anirudh Gupta <anyrude10 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Alex,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> I tried installing tripleo-repos on rocky linux for wallaby and faced the
> below issue
>
> [stack at localhost ~]$ sudo -E tripleo-repos -b wallaby current ceph
> --no-stream
> WARNING: Unsupported platform 'rocky8' detected by tripleo-repos, centos7
> will be used unless you use CLI param to change it.
>
> Similar error was observed for Alma Linux as well.
> [stack at localhost ~]$ sudo -E tripleo-repos -b wallaby current ceph
> --no-stream
> WARNING: Unsupported platform 'almalinux8' detected by tripleo-repos,
> centos7 will be used unless you use CLI param to change it.

Yea tripleo-repos doesn't support anything but CentOS. But you can
configure the repositories yourself.

https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos8-wallaby/current/delorean.repo
https://trunk.rdoproject.org/centos8-wallaby/delorean-deps.repo

I don't know if there's a rockylinux ceph repo. We use the centos one

http://mirror.centos.org/centos/8-stream/storage/x86_64/ceph-pacific/

Like I said, this is a YMMV thing where you'll have to put together the
repositories yourself.