[openstack-qa][infra] opendev.org mirrors

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Sep 25 12:23:29 UTC 2021

On 2021-09-25 10:54:34 +0000 (+0000), Eduardo Santos wrote:
> On US-based servers, a DevStack deploy takes 15 minutes. When
> deploying it from Brazil (where I live) however, it takes more
> than an hour. Examining the stack.sh logs, git_timed appears to be
> the culprit. I'm using a 250 Mbps connection.

Is this only the first time you install DevStack, or is that how
long it takes to update an existing DevStack install? It shouldn't
be cloning every time.

> Do opendev.org mirrors exist for other regions other than the US?
> If not, has this been discussed yet?
[...]

Technically yes, though not for everything hosted in the OpenDev
collaboratory, but many projects (including OpenStack) do
continuously replicate all their branches and tags to GitHub.
--
Jeremy Stanley