RabbitMQ annoying disconnections [kolla-ansible, rabbitmq]

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Wed Sep 22 19:05:27 UTC 2021

On Wed, 2021-09-22 at 11:22 -0500, Ben Nemec wrote:

> On 9/21/21 2:44 AM, bkslash wrote:
> > So there are two questions:
> >
> > 1. Why heartbeat_in_pthread didn’t change situation? And if it’s
> > deprecated it was kind of risky to use it long term (after upgrade to
> > wallaby it would stop working anyway?)
>
> It's deprecated because it became the default behavior in subsequent
> releases. The functionality is not going away, just the ability to turn
> it off.
>
> The only reason it was ever configurable was that we had concerns about
> mixing pthreads and greenthreads and wanted the people affected by the
> original bug to test the combination for a couple of releases before we
> turned it on for everyone.
actully the ablity to trun it off is not going away either
turing it on can break the nova comptue agent by breaking eventlet.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo.messaging/+bug/1934937
here is the patch to undeprecate it https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/oslo.messaging/+/800621
based on the bug above this looke like it should be turned off unless you runing under mod_wsgi or uwsgi
where the pthread is needed to escape there treadign lifecycle.