Openstack hypervisor list is empty

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Wed Sep 22 14:50:19 UTC 2021

On Wed, 2021-09-22 at 10:46 -0400, Laurent Dumont wrote:
> It could also be a compute cell discovery issue maybe?
no they shoudl still show up in the hypervior list api

> Do you see anything under "openstack compute service list"?
if they show up in the service list but not they hyperiors api it
means that the comptue service started and registered its service entry but
something broke it before it could create a compute node recored in the db.

with ceph the case i have hit this most often is when the keyright used by nova to
get the avaiable capastiy of the ceph cluster is wrong whihc prevent the resoucetack and compute manager
form actully creating the compute node record.

it can happen for other reason too but best place to start is check if there is an error in the nova compute agent log and go from there.