[openstack-cli] Missing volume backend commands

Lee Yarwood lyarwood at redhat.com
Mon Sep 20 17:23:30 UTC 2021

On 20-09-21 18:16:14, Lee Yarwood wrote:
> On 20-09-21 12:26:29, Laurent Dumont wrote:
> > Hey everyone,
> >
> > Trying to use the volume backend command to get some information regarding
> > storage pools.
> >
> > https://docs.openstack.org/python-openstackclient/latest/cli/command-objects/volume-backend.html
> >
> > Not sure if it's something on my side, but I cannot see to access a
> > subsection of the volume commands from the CLI client.
>
> As noted at the top of that page it's only available with v2 API of
> Cinder that has recently been dropped. Assuming you still have it in
> your env use --os-volume-api-version 2 with osc.
>
> $ openstack --os-volume-api-version 2 volume backend capability show ${host}

I forgot to say that it looks like the API for both these commands made
it to v3 so someone just needs to do the leg work in osc to enable them:

https://docs.openstack.org/api-ref/block-storage/v3/index.html?expanded=list-all-back-end-storage-pools-detail#back-end-storage-pools

--
Lee Yarwood                 A5D1 9385 88CB 7E5F BE64  6618 BCA6 6E33 F672 2D76