[nova]The code about BP Allow migrating PMEM's dat

Sean Mooney smooney at redhat.com
Thu Sep 16 09:58:55 UTC 2021

On Thu, 2021-09-16 at 01:12 +0000, Juntingqiu Qiujunting (邱军婷) wrote:
> Hi all:
>

>  Is there anything in the code logic that needs to be modified? If there is no problem with the implementation structure of the code, I start adding unit tests.
>
>   https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/802225

the code is still not implementing the desing in the spec.
https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/nova-specs/specs/xena/approved/allow-migrate-pmem-data.html#workflow

specificaly it states
prep_resize validates that there is a pmem device free and claims it as part of the move_claim process.The claimed device is stored in the instance.migration_context which can be retrieved later.

you are not doing that and instead chanign the rpc protocoal to pass the device paths as addtional parmaters to resize_instance

https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/802225/5/nova/compute/manager.py#5203

which requires you to change the compute api https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/802225/5/nova/compute/api.py

addtionally the spec need to be reporposed for yoga.

i have done a quick code review again but in addtion to unit test ideally you would add docs updates, a release note and functional tests.
unit test are our bare minium but functional tests are prefered for move opertions.