[tc][neutron] Use Kea insted of Dibbler for IPv6 PD

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Tue Sep 14 14:09:30 UTC 2021

On 2021-09-14 15:41:30 +0200 (+0200), Lajos Katona wrote:
> In Neutron we have a bug (see [1]) that states Dibbler is
> concluded (see [2]), and the developer of Dibbler suggests using
> Kea (see [3]) instead. Before we start checking technical things
> first thing is that Kea is MPL2.0 licensed (see [4]) and not sure
> if we can pull that as dependency to Openstack.
>
> Kea is an ISC project so looks safe, but I am not familiar with
> these legal things. How can we check and be sure?
[...]

I'm not a lawyer, but a cursory search indicates that MoFo considers
the MPL 2.0 to be compatible with the Apache 2.0 license (see the
"Licenses Compatible with the MPL" section):

    https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/MPL/license-policy/

Also the TC has previously declared that MPL dependencies are
acceptable:

    https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/licensing.html

--
Jeremy Stanley