[horizon] Support for Django 3.x

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Sep 14 12:04:30 UTC 2021

On 9/6/21 9:29 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 9/6/21 1:00 PM, vishal manchanda wrote:
>> Hi Thomas,
>>
>> Horizon team working on adding django3.x support in horizon.
>> A series of patches to add django3.x support is already up [1] and We
>> recently merged a non-voting job to test
>> django3.x which is failing right now[2]. The main issue we are facing in
>> migration to django3.x is horizon
>> using django-pyscss which isn't compatible with django3.x although we
>> have some workaround to fix it[3]
>> but it is not the right way. So I tried to contact the django-pyscss
>> maintainer, but they didn't respond.
>> Then we plan to use an alternative of django-pyscss i.e.
>> django-sass-processor.
>>
>> Update on django-sass-processor: Me and radomir from horizon team worked
>> on adding django-sass-processor
>> support in horizon[4]. As far our testing it works fine with horizon but
>> horizon default theme doesn't work with it
>> right now and fails with error[5]. I am working on this issue, any help
>> is really appreciated.
>
> Hi Vishal,
>
> Thanks a lot for giving a status update, I'm very happy to see there's
> work toward Django 3.x support. Thanks to you and all the team.
>
> FYI, I unfortunately don't have the skills to help. However, I can work
> for having new dependencies available in Debian, and so also in Ubuntu.
>
> Do you think I should package django-sass-processor right now? Or is it
> too early to tell it's going to be the adopted solution?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)

FYI, what I feared happened: Django 3.2.7 was uploaded to Debian
Unstable yesterday, rendering Horizon Wallaby and Xena completely broken.

Is there a chance that Django 3.2.x support lands in Xena? Or at least,
some chance that I can gather a few patches to fix the situation?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)