[all] Dangerous trend toward too many release-independent components

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Sep 9 15:21:45 UTC 2021

On 2021-09-09 17:12:01 +0200 (+0200), Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 9/9/21 3:09 PM, Jeremy Stanley wrote:
[...]
> > The series deliverable files in the releases repo are
> > another such example, but they probably have a little too much
> > detail and at the same time, as pointed out, don't associate
> > independent deliverable releases with release cycles (the crux of
> > the issue which is raised here).
>
> Where's the "series deliverable files" that you're talking about?
[...]

https://opendev.org/openstack/releases/src/branch/master/deliverables

Perhaps unsurprisingly, those pages of HTML you're parsing from the
releases site are built from structured data (YAML) in the
openstack/releases Git repository using a Python library also
maintained in that same repo, and continuously published with Zuul
jobs similar to how we publish other documentation. This Sphinx
extension is a convenient window into most of it:

https://opendev.org/openstack/releases/src/branch/master/doc/source/_exts/deliverables.py

--
Jeremy Stanley