Octavia Issue: Failed to build compute instance due to: Failed to retrieve image with amphora tag

Karera Tony tonykarera at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 15:00:59 UTC 2021

Hello Team,

I have openstack wallaby running on Ubuntu deployed using kolla-ansible but
whenever I create a load balancer I get the error below in the
octavia-worker.log

octavia.common.exceptions.ComputeBuildException: Failed to build compute
instance due to: Failed to retrieve image with amphora tag
2021-09-06 14:14:49.392 20 ERROR oslo_messaging.rpc.server

But I have an image with the correct tag as shown below.

(kolla-openstack) stack at deployment:~$ openstack image show amphora1 | grep
tag
| tags             | amphora

Kindly advise if I am missing anything.
Regards