[horizon] Support for Django 3.x

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Sep 6 19:29:01 UTC 2021

On 9/6/21 1:00 PM, vishal manchanda wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Horizon team working on adding django3.x support in horizon.
> A series of patches to add django3.x support is already up [1] and We
> recently merged a non-voting job to test
> django3.x which is failing right now[2]. The main issue we are facing in
> migration to django3.x is horizon
> using django-pyscss which isn't compatible with django3.x although we
> have some workaround to fix it[3]
> but it is not the right way. So I tried to contact the django-pyscss
> maintainer, but they didn't respond.
> Then we plan to use an alternative of django-pyscss i.e.
> django-sass-processor.
>
> Update on django-sass-processor: Me and radomir from horizon team worked
> on adding django-sass-processor
> support in horizon[4]. As far our testing it works fine with horizon but
> horizon default theme doesn't work with it
> right now and fails with error[5]. I am working on this issue, any help
> is really appreciated.

Hi Vishal,

Thanks a lot for giving a status update, I'm very happy to see there's
work toward Django 3.x support. Thanks to you and all the team.

FYI, I unfortunately don't have the skills to help. However, I can work
for having new dependencies available in Debian, and so also in Ubuntu.

Do you think I should package django-sass-processor right now? Or is it
too early to tell it's going to be the adopted solution?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)