[puppet] Propose retiring puppet-freezer

Takashi Kajinami tkajinam at redhat.com
Mon Sep 6 14:53:06 UTC 2021

Hello,

Today I looked into the current code of puppet-freezer and noticed
this module is still very incomplete.

Most of its implementations are inherited from the cookiecutter template,
and the module doesn't support fundamental resources like packages,
services and so on.

Because we haven't seen any interest in fixing that feature gap for a long
time,
I'll propose retiring the module during this cycle.

Please let me know if you have any concerns. If I don't hear any objections
I'll submit a series of patches to retire the module.

Thank you,
Takashi Kajinami