[horizon] Support for Django 3.x

vishal manchanda manchandavishal143 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 11:00:02 UTC 2021

Hi Thomas,

Horizon team working on adding django3.x support in horizon.
A series of patches to add django3.x support is already up [1] and We
recently merged a non-voting job to test
django3.x which is failing right now[2]. The main issue we are facing in
migration to django3.x is horizon
using django-pyscss which isn't compatible with django3.x although we have
some workaround to fix it[3]
but it is not the right way. So I tried to contact the django-pyscss
maintainer, but they didn't respond.
Then we plan to use an alternative of django-pyscss i.e.
django-sass-processor.

Update on django-sass-processor: Me and radomir from horizon team worked on
adding django-sass-processor
support in horizon[4]. As far our testing it works fine with horizon but
horizon default theme doesn't work with it
right now and fails with error[5]. I am working on this issue, any help is
really appreciated.

[1]
https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:%22django3-support%22+(status:open%20OR%20status:merged)
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/horizon/+/777390