[ Tacker ] Passing a shell script/parameters as a file in cloud config

Lokendra Rathour lokendrarathour at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 09:13:53 UTC 2021

Hi,
*In Tacker, while deploying VNFD can we pass a file ( parameter file) and
keep it at a defined path using cloud-config way?*

Like in *generic hot template*s, we have the below-mentioned way to pass a
file directly as below:
parameters:
  foo:
    default: bar

resources:

  the_server:
    type: OS::Nova::Server
    properties:
      # flavor, image etc
      user_data:
        str_replace:
          template: {get_file: the_server_boot.sh}
          params:
            $FOO: {get_param: foo}

*but when using this approach in Tacker BaseHOT it gives an error saying *
"nstantiation wait failed for vnf 77693e61-c80e-41e0-af9a-a0f702f3a9a7,
error: VNF Create Resource CREATE failed: resources.obsvrnnu62mb:
resources.CAS_0_group.Property error:
resources.soft_script.properties.config: No content found in the "files"
section for get_file path: Files/scripts/install.py
2021-10-28 00:46:35.677 3853831 ERROR oslo_messaging.rpc.server
"
do we have a defined way to use the hot capability in TACKER?

Defined Folder Structure for CSAR:
.
├── BaseHOT
│   └── default
│       ├── RIN_vnf_hot.yaml
│       └── nested
│           ├── RIN_0.yaml
│           └── RIN_1.yaml
├── Definitions
│   ├── RIN_df_default.yaml
│   ├── RIN_top_vnfd.yaml
│   ├── RIN_types.yaml
│   ├── etsi_nfv_sol001_common_types.yaml
│   └── etsi_nfv_sol001_vnfd_types.yaml
├── Files
│   ├── images
│   └── scripts
│       └── install.py
├── Scripts
├── TOSCA-Metadata
│   └── TOSCA.meta
├── UserData
│   ├── __init__.py
│   └── lcm_user_data.py

*Objective: *
To pass a file at a defined path on the VDU after the VDU is
instantiated/launched.

--
~ Lokendra
skype: lokendrarathour