[nova][placement] Yoga PTG summary

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Tue Oct 26 09:48:51 UTC 2021

On Tue, Oct 26, 2021 at 10:57 AM Balazs Gibizer <balazs.gibizer at est.tech>
wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 25 2021 at 06:50:12 PM +0200, Sylvain Bauza
> <sbauza at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Well, it's a try given we discussed for 4 days and it could be a
> > large summary ;)
> > You can see all the notes in a read-only etherpad here :
> > https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/r.e70aa851abf8644c29c8abe4bce32b81
>
> Thank you Sylvain!
>

> > ### Cross-project discussions
> >
> > # Cyborg cross-project discussion with Nova
> > We agreed on adding a OWNED_BY_NOVA trait for all Resource Providers
> > creating by Nova so Cyborg would provide their own OWNED_BY_CYBORG
> > trait for knowing which inventories are used by either Nova or Cyborg.
> > Cyborg contributors need to modify
> > https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova-specs/+/780452
> > We also agreed on the fact that
> > https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/cyborg-suspend-and-resume
> > is a specless blueprint.
>
> A small correction. The name of the trait did not changed during the
> PTG discussion. It is still OWNER_<project> in the etherpad so
> OWNED_BY_<project> seems like a honest mistake here.

Yeah, just a clarification here : I haven't wanted to bikeshed about the
trait name during our PTG session but I'm also not sure we have a consensus
about it.
FWIW, I'll ask about it on the spec but here, given I was saying "we agreed
on adding a 'XXX' trait", I used an adjective instead of a name.

TBC, we have both adjectives and names for our standard traits [1] so I'm
fine with both of the traits.

HTH,
-Sylvain

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/os-traits/latest/reference/traits.html