Guest's secondary/virtual IP

Laurent Dumont laurentfdumont at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 01:01:28 UTC 2021

Couple of things to try

   - At the VM level, ping your own address on eth1 to see if local traffic
   works.
   - Using your existing port config, capture traffic at the VM level to
   see if the packets are reaching the VM.
   - Disable port-security on the port level and validate if the traffic is
   reaching the VM.
   - If you have access to the compute, capture traffic at the
   interface/tap/bridge level. Where to capture will depend on if you are
   using OVS/OVN/Linux-bridge.
   - I do believe that even with allowed-address on the port, you will need
   to have the corresponding traffic allowed in your sec-group.

Can you paste the port info with "openstack port show $port_id_here"?