[tripleo] Issue finding /etc/docker directory in Centos 8 Overcloud Deployment

Anirudh Gupta anyrude10 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 06:46:44 UTC 2021

Hi Team,

I am trying to install Tripleo Train Release on Centos 8
I have successfully installed Undercloud.

For overcloud images, I have downloaded and uploaded images given on
rdo_trunk
https://images.rdoproject.org/centos8/train/rdo_trunk/current-tripleo/

For deployment of overcloud, I executed the command

openstack overcloud deploy --templates

This command successfully creates a stack, executed the SSH on the machines
successfully and then started some ansible tasks.
During execution of ansible tasks, it gave a error at below task

TASK | manage /etc/docker/daemon.json
*The error message clearly states that directory /etc/docker is not found.*

This task is present at path "
*/usr/share/ansible/roles/container-registry/tasks/docker.yml"*

Since, in Centos 8 docker has been replaced with Podman, this error is
bound to happen
Commenting this particular task can be a workaround, but I have no idea
what would be the impact of this.
There are multiple tasks which makes use of /etc/docker directory

Is there any way to resolve this?