[tempest] S3 API tests

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Wed Oct 20 14:00:17 UTC 2021

On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 08:03:40 -0500
Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com> wrote:
>  ---- On Wed, 20 Oct 2021 04:43:37 -0500 Vladimir Prokofev <v at prokofev.me> wrote ----

>  > Are there any Swift S3 API tests in tempest? I didn't find any standard packages, nor as a plugin.
>
> I do not think we have, all tests tempest have for swift are under
> https://github.com/openstack/tempest/tree/master/tempest/api/object_storage

This came up at PTG on Monday during the Interop meeting with Arkady.
We cannot baseline S3 support in interop because Tempest does not have
any S3 tests, so the interoperable Swift does not need to have S3.
I don't know if anything needs to be done here.

Ceph has independent S3 compliance tests, FWIW (independent means
not published by Amazon). They are even in Python. Naturally they are
geared towards testing Ceph RGW:
 https://github.com/ceph/s3-tests

-- Pete