[dev] Cannot login to Gerrit

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Tue Oct 19 23:38:38 UTC 2021

On Tue, Oct 19, 2021, at 2:39 PM, F Yushiro wrote:
> Hi, I tried to login ty Gerrit w/ OpenID but redirected the following
> page and saw "Not Found".
>
> https://review.opendev.org/SignInFailure,SIGN_IN,Contact+site+administrator
>
> Could you please help me to login? My login email is
> y.furukawa8 at gmail.com.  I used to use ex-company address.  When I left
> the company, I modified my email address to above gmail one. I wonder
> that might occur this situation.

The issue is there is an existing account that is associated with this gmail address. I assume this old account is also associated with your old company address. You are attempting to login using a new openid so Gerrit wants to create a new account for you but cannot due to this email address conflict between the new account and the old account.

There are a couple of options available to us:

  * You can login using your old Ubuntu One openid and login to the existing account. Doing this will depend on your ability to login to that account (which may depend on your access to old email?).

  * A Gerrit admin can delete the email address that is in conflict from the old account allowing the new account to be created.

Unfortunately, we have approximately 30 database consistency errors related to this problem from before Gerrit prevented you from creating these conflicting accounts. I've been working through these slowly (down from about 700 previously), but until the remainder are cleaned up we cannot easily add your new openid to the old account allowing you to continue using the old account that way.

If you can reach out on OFTC IRC in #opendev we can double check things and help walk you through any of this if it helps.

Clark