[all][tc] Skyline as a new official project [was: What's happening in Technical Committee: summary 15th Oct, 21: Reading: 5 min]

高瀚翔 gao.hanxiang at 99cloud.net
Mon Oct 18 03:22:11 UTC 2021

Skyline-apiserver is a pure Python code project, following the Python wheel packaging standard, using pip for installation, and the dependency management of the project using poetry[1]

Skyline-console uses npm for dependency management, development and testing. During the packaging and distribution process, webpack will be used to process the source code and dependent library code first, and output the packaged static resource files. These static resource files will be stored in an empty Python module[2]. The file directory is for example:

- skyline_console
    - __init__.py
    - __main__.py
    - static
       - index.html
       - some_a.css
       - some_b.js

Pack this empty module in Python wheel, and additionally include these static resources as "data_files"[3][4][5], so that it can be distributed like a normal Python package without having to deal with JS dependencies. When deploying with Nginx, when you need to fill in the static resource path, use "python -m skyline_console" to find it.

There is a packed skyline packag[6] on "tarballs.opendev.org" for you to preview.

[1] https://python-poetry.org/ <https://python-poetry.org/>
[2] https://opendev.org/skyline/skyline-console/src/branch/master/Makefile#L73-L77 <https://opendev.org/skyline/skyline-console/src/branch/master/Makefile#L73-L77>
[3] https://packaging.python.org/guides/distributing-packages-using-setuptools/#data-files <https://packaging.python.org/guides/distributing-packages-using-setuptools/#data-files>
[4] https://setuptools.pypa.io/en/latest/deprecated/distutils/setupscript.html#distutils-additional-files <https://setuptools.pypa.io/en/latest/deprecated/distutils/setupscript.html#distutils-additional-files>
[5] https://opendev.org/skyline/skyline-console/src/branch/master/pyproject.toml#L6 <https://opendev.org/skyline/skyline-console/src/branch/master/pyproject.toml#L6>
[6] https://tarballs.opendev.org/skyline/skyline-apiserver/ <https://tarballs.opendev.org/skyline/skyline-apiserver/>