[all][tc] What's happening in Technical Committee: summary 15th Oct, 21: Reading: 5 min

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Fri Oct 15 16:07:29 UTC 2021

Hello Everyone,

Here is this week's summary of the Technical Committee activities.

1. TC Meetings:
============
* TC this week IRC meeting held on Oct 14th Thursday.

* Most of the meeting discussions are summarized below (Completed or in-progress activities
section).  Meeting full logs are available @
- https://meetings.opendev.org/meetings/tc/2021/tc.2021-10-14-15.00.log.html

* Next week's meeting is cancelled as we are meeting in PTG. We will have the next IRC meeting
on Oct 28th, Thursday 15:00 UTC, feel free the topic on agenda[1] by Oct 27th.

2. What we completed this week:
=========================
* None in this week.

3. Activities In progress:
==================
TC Tracker for Xena cycle
------------------------------
* TC is using the etherpad[2] for Xena cycle working item. We will be checking it in
PTG
* Current status is: 9 completed, 3 to-be-discussed in PTG, 1 in-progress

Open Reviews
-----------------
* Six open reviews for ongoing activities[3].

New project 'Skyline' proposal
------------------------------------
* You might be aware of this new dashboard proposal in the previous month's
discussion.
* A new project 'Skyline: an OpenStack dashboard optimized by UI and UE' is
now proposed in governance to be an official OpenStack project[4].
* Skyline team is planning to meet in PTG on Tue, Wed and Thu at 5UTC, please
ask your queries or have feedback/discussion with the team next week.

Place to maintain the external hosted ELK, E-R, O-H services
* We had a final discussion or I will say just a status update on this which was mentioned in
last week's email summary[5].
* Now onwards, discussion and migration work will be done in TACT SIG (#openstack-infra IRC channel).

Add project health check tool
-----------------------------------
* No updates on this, we will continue discussing it in PTG for the next steps on this and what to
 do with TC liaison things.
* Meanwhile, we are reviewing Rico proposal on collecting stats tools [6].

Stable Core team process change
---------------------------------------
* Current proposal is under review[7]. Feel free to provide early feedback if you have any.

Call for 'Technical Writing' SIG Chair/Maintainers
* As agreed in last week's TC meeting, we will be moving this SIG work towards TC.
* TC members have been added to the core members list in the SIG repos.
* We will be discussing where to move the training repos/work in PTG.

TC tags analysis
-------------------
* Operator feedback is asked on open infra newsletter too, and we will continue the discussion in PTG and will take
the final decision based on feedback we receive, if any[9].

Complete the policy pop up team
* Policy pop team has served its purpose and we have new RBAC as one of the
the community-wide goal for the Yoga cycle.
* We are marking this popup team as completed[10].

Project updates
-------------------
* Retiring js-openstack-lib [11]

Yoga release community-wide goal
* Please add the possible candidates in this etherpad [12].
* Current status: "Secure RBAC" is selected for Yoga cycle[13].

PTG planning
----------------
* We will be meeting in PTG next week, please check the details in this etherpad [14]
* Do not forget to join the TC+community leaders sessions on Monday, Oct 18 15 UTC  - 17 UTC.

Test support for TLS default:
----------------------------------
* Rico has started a separate email thread over testing with tls-proxy enabled[15], we encourage projects
to participate in that testing and help to enable the tls-proxy in gate testing.

4. How to contact the TC:
====================
If you would like to discuss or give feedback to TC, you can reach out to us in multiple ways:

1. Email: you can send the email with tag [tc] on openstack-discuss ML[16].
2. Weekly meeting: The Technical Committee conduct a weekly meeting every Thursday 15 UTC [17]
3. Office hours: The Technical Committee offers a weekly office hour every Tuesday at 0100 UTC [18]
4. Ping us using 'tc-members' nickname on #openstack-tc IRC channel.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/TechnicalCommittee#Next_Meeting
[2] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/tc-xena-tracke
[3] https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:openstack/governance+status:open
[4] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/governance/+/814037