Problème with image from snapshot

Franck VEDEL franck.vedel at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr
Wed Oct 13 07:57:52 UTC 2021

Hello and first sorry for my english… thanks google.

Something is wrong with what I want to do:
I use Wallaby, it works very well (apart from VpnaaS, I wasted too much time this summer to make it work, without success, and the bug does not seem to be fixed).

Here is what I want to do and which does not work as I want:
- With an admin account, I launch a Win10 instance from the image I created. The instance is working but it takes about 10 minutes to get Win10 up and running.
I wanted to take a snapshot of this instance and then create a new image from this snapshot. And that users use this new image.
I create the snapshot, I place the "--public" parameter on the new image.
I'm trying to create a new instance from this snapshot with the admin account: it works.
I create a new user, who has his project, and sees all the images. I try to create an instance with this new image and I get the message:

Block Device Mapping is Invalid: failed to get snapshot f12c04f2-51e7-4817-ab9b-eda63c5b9aff. (HTTP 400) (Request-ID: req-c26dab86-c25f-409a-8390-8aa0ea8fe1cb)

Is it a legal problem? Is it possible to do as I do? otherwise how should we do it?

Thanks if you have ideas for helping me

Franck VEDEL