[tc][docs] missing documentation

Előd Illés elod.illes at est.tech
Fri Oct 1 15:52:51 UTC 2021

Hi,

With this mail I want to raise multiple topics towards TC, related to
Documentation (SIG):

* This week I had the task in the Release Management Team to notify the
Documentation (Technical Writing) SIG to apply their processes to create
the new release series landing pages for docs.openstack.org. Currently
the SIG is chaired by Stephen Finucane, but he won't be around in the
next cycle so the Technical Writing SIG will remain without a chair and
active members.

* Another point that came up is that a lot of projects are missing
documentation in Victoria and Wallaby releases as they don't even have a
single patch merged on their stable/victoria or stable/wallaby branches,
not even the auto-generated patches (showing the lack of stable
maintainers of the given projects). For example compare Ussuri [1] and
Wallaby [2] projects page.
     - one proposed solution for this is to auto-merge the
auto-generated patches (but on the other hand this does not solve the
issue of lacking active maintainers)

Thanks,

Előd

[1] https://docs.openstack.org/ussuri/projects.html