Project-scoped app creds - Best practice

Rafael Weingärtner rafaelweingartner at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 17:50:11 UTC 2021

Ryan,
That happened with Keystone for some time (I have 3 or more specs that are
stuck, even though they were discussed in-depth), the reviews were becoming
quite massive (for me, for the specs I proposed) without getting anywhere,
and maybe that is a consequence of PTLs/core reviewers being focused on
somewhere else, or not having enough time to execute the paperwork of a new
feature being proposed, evaluated, and accepted.

I know that this is also my fault because I could have volunteered to
become core review/PTL to try to add more work on Keystone, but I did not
have enough time to dedicate to Keystone. This caused the specs to get
stuck (and their patch). That is also why, for this latest spec I created,
I did not publish the patch. For the other specs, I proposed the patch,
they (the specs) were more or less accepted (we had a consensus), but never
got merged, which caused the patches only to get conflicts, and not move
forward, which made me a bit disappointed (after having fixed conflicts
countless times).

One of my new year's resolutions is to dedicate more time to Keystone next
year. Or, at least, as much as I dedicate to CloudKitty to see if we can
get these moving on.