[kolla] Plan to deprecate binary and unify on single distrubition

Gregory Orange gregory.orange at pawsey.org.au
Fri Nov 19 00:33:01 UTC 2021

On 18/11/21 8:33 pm, Michał Nasiadka wrote:
> 1) Deprecate and drop binary type of Kolla images

My globals.yaml has
#kolla_install_type: "binary"

So will this mean it needs to switch to 'source' from Yoga onward, and the containers will have to be built some how? Can you point me to something to read on that?

> 2) Use a common base (single Linux distribution) for Kolla images

I'm not experienced enough with Kolla to know whether this will affect me, so I will roll with it and figure it out as we go.

Thanks,
Greg.