[ops][keystone][cinder][swift][neutron][nova] Rename Availability Zone

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Fri Nov 12 11:42:06 UTC 2021

On 11/11/21 5:25 PM, DHilsbos at performair.com wrote:
> All;
>
> We recently decided to change our naming convention.  As such I'd like to rename our current availability zone.  The configuration files are the obvious places to do so.  Is there anything I need to change in the database?  Properties of images, volumes, servers, etc.?
>
> Should I just give this up as a bad deal?  Maybe rebuild the cluster from scratch?
>
> Thank you,

Hi,

You don't need to rebuild your cluster from scratch. Just, you got to
know that instances cannot change availability zone, unless you really
go deep into the nova database (and change the nova SPEC there).

I'm not sure for existing volumes.

Unless I'm mistaking, there's no notion of AZ for images.

FYI, the nova availability zones are controlled through the compute
aggregate API. The cinder one from cinder.conf in each volume nodes.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)