[sdk][tc] A new home for Gophercloud

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Wed Nov 10 19:03:36 UTC 2021

 ---- On Tue, 09 Nov 2021 19:36:00 -0600 Emilien Macchi <emilien at redhat.com> wrote ----
 > On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 12:43 PM Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
 > [...]
 > This was based on experiences trying to work with the Kata
 > community, and the "experiment" referenced in that mailing list post
 > eventually concluded with the removal of remaining Kata project
 > configuration when https://review.opendev.org/744687 merged
 > approximately 15 months ago.
 >
 > ack
 > I haven't seen much pushback from moving to Gerrit, but pretty much all feedback I got was from folks who worked (is working) on OpenStack, so a bit biased in my opinion (myself included).Beside that, if we would move to opendev, I want to see some incentives in our roadmap, not just "move our project here because it's cool".
 > Some ideas:* Consider it as a subproject from OpenStack SDK? Or part of a SIG?* CI coverage for API regression testing (e.g. gophercloud/acceptance/compute running in Nova CI)* Getting more exposure of the project and potentially more contributors* Consolidate the best practices in general, for contributions to the project, getting started, dev environments, improving CI jobs (current jobs use OpenLab zuul, with a fork of zuul jobs).
 > Is there any concern would we have to discuss?--

+1, Thanks Emilien for putting the roadmap which is more clear to understand the logn term benefits.

Looks good to me, especially CI part is cool to have from API testing perspective and to know where
we break things (we run client jobs in many projects CI so it should not be something special we need to do)

>* Consider it as a subproject from OpenStack SDK? Or part of a SIG?

Just to be more clear on this. Does this mean, once we setup the things in opendev then we can migrate it under
openstack/ namespace under OpenStack SDK umbrella? or you mean keep it in opendev with non-openstack
namespace but collaborative effort with SDK team.

-gmann