is OVS+DPDK useful for general purpose workload

Satish Patel satish.txt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 13:11:34 UTC 2021

Thank you Laurent,

Now i am fully agree with you, that running DPDK only on the host
doesn't gain anything because your VM guest will be a bottleneck. but
again most of the documents keep saying you will gain performance but
they never clarified what you said that it's not for everyone but only
DPDK based vm.  (wish there is a general purpose virtio based PMD
which can suitable for all kind of workload)

The only solution left is XDP and SRIOV (sriov is complicated to
deploy because it doesn't support bond).