[Neutron] sriov network setup for victoria - clarification needed

Rodolfo Alonso Hernandez ralonsoh at redhat.com
Mon May 31 16:08:50 UTC 2021

Hello Piotr:

Maybe you should update the pyroute2 library, but this is a blind shot.

What I recommend you do is to find the error you have when retrieving the
interface VFs. In the same compute node, use this method [1] but remove the
decorator [2]. Then, in a root shell, run python again:
  >>> from neutron.privileged.agent.linux import ip_lib
  >>> ip_lib.get_link_vfs('ens2f0', '')

That will execute the pyroute2 code without the privsep decorator. You'll
see what error is returning the method.

Regards.

[1]
https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/5d4f5d42d0a8c7ee157912cb29cae0e4deff984b/neutron/privileged/agent/linux/ip_lib.py#L396-L410