[neutron][stadium][stable] Proposal to make stable/ocata and stable/pike branches EOL

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Thu May 20 13:53:42 UTC 2021

Thanks for raising this.

I would vote to mark them as EOL together regardless of that they were
released as part of the official OpenStack release.
All of these repositories depend on neutron and they are expected to
run with a same release of neutron.
so there is no big reason not to mark them as EOL.

ocata  branch of some repositories are not part of neutron official
releases as of ocata.
For such branches, we need to handle them separately (i.e, we cannot
mark it as EOL using the releases repository).

As far as I checked, all ocata releases under the neutron governance
are already marked as EOL.
Here is the list:

- networking-ovn
- neutron-dynamic-routing
- neutron-fwaas
- neutron-lbaas
- neutron-lib
- neutron

>> Now that neutron's stable/ocata is deleted some non-stadium project's stable periodic job also started to fail (on stable/ocata) [1]:

Repositories pointed out by Előd are repositories which were not under
the neutron governance as of ocata release.
They need to be EOL'ed separately. They all are under the neutron
governance, so I think we can discuss EOL
of them as the neutron team and all changes will be approved by the
neutron-stable-maint team.

>> - networking-bagpipe
>> - networking-bgpvpn
>> - networking-midonet