[automation-sig][freezer][i18n-sig][powervmstacker-sig][public-cloud-sig] IRC channel cleanup

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed May 19 23:29:14 UTC 2021

I've proposed a pair of changes removing the OpenDev Collaboratory
IRC bots (including logging) from inactive channels. Some of these
channels correspond to current groups within the OpenStack
community, so it's only fair to give them a heads up and let them
know. The following channels have had no human discussion at all (no
comments from anything other than our bots) for all of 2021 so far:

  * #openstack-auto-scaling
  * #openstack-fr
  * #openstack-freezer
  * #openstack-powervm
  * #openstack-publiccloud
  * #openstack-self-healing

It's fine if these efforts aren't utilizing IRC, but there's
probably little point in us logging or reporting information in them
if they're unused.

The patches for removing our services from those channels are
available for review here (they also include cleanup of channels for
other known defunct efforts or vestiges of channels which have since
move to new names):

    https://review.opendev.org/792301
    https://review.opendev.org/792302

If you're concerned and would like to resume using one or more of
these channels, feel free to follow up here on the mailing list or
with review comments some time in the next few days. If there are no
objections I plan to merge these no later than Monday, May 24. Of
course it's quite easy to reinstate services on a channel at any
time, so if you don't see this until the changes have already
merged, please follow up anyway and we can restore the bots as
needed.
--
Jeremy Stanley