Freenode and libera.chat

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Wed May 19 20:26:22 UTC 2021

On Wed, May 19, 2021, at 9:22 AM, Artem Goncharov wrote:
> Yes, pool would be great.
>
> Please do not take this offensive, but just stating IRC survived till
> now and thus we should keep it is not really productive from my pov.
>
> Why is everything what OpenStack doing/using is so complex? (Please do
> not comment on the items below, I’m not really interested in any
> answers/explanations. This is a rhetorical question)

I know you explicitly asked that we not respond, but I don't find this particular approach to applying criticism to be particularly productive. Nor is it helpful to further the discussion around the Freenode situation.

I'm happy to try and re-frame these discussions on separate threads if we'd like to. Keep in mind that the tools and infrastructure we use today are largely maintained by an ever shrinking group of individuals. We do our best to meet the needs of our users (and my completely biased opinion is that we do a kick ass job with the resources we're given). That said I'm sure we can improve in a number of ways and framing that in a constructive way rather than telling us to not respond would be preferred.