[TripleO] tripleo repos going Extended Maintenance stable/train OK? (not yet IMO)

Marios Andreou marios at redhat.com
Thu May 13 12:47:04 UTC 2021

Hello TripleO o/

per [1] and the proposal at [2] the stable/train branch for all
tripleo repos [3] is going to transition to extended maintenance [4].

Once [2] merges, we can still merge things to stable/train but it
means we can no longer make official openstack tagged releases for
stable/train.

TripleO is a trailing project so if we want to hold on this for a
while longer I think that is OK and that would also be my personal
preference.

>From a quick check just now e.g. tripleo-heat-templates @ [5] and at
current time there are 87 commits since last September which isn't a
tiny amount. So I don't think TripleO is ready to declare stable/train
as extended maintenance, but perhaps I am wrong, what do you think?

Please comment here or directly at [2] if you prefer

regards, marios

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-discuss/2021-May/022287.html
[2] https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/releases/+/790778/2#message-e981f749aeca64ea971f4e697dd16ba5100ca4a4
[3] https://releases.openstack.org/teams/tripleo.html#train