[ironic] IPA image does not want to boot with UEFI

Dmitry Tantsur dtantsur at redhat.com
Wed May 12 15:36:24 UTC 2021

I'm glad that it worked for you!

Before others follow your advice: the difference in size in DIB builds and
tinyIPA is mostly because of firmware and kernel modules. If tinyIPA does
not work for you or behaves in a weird way (no disks detected, some NICs
not detected), then you're stuck with DIB builds.

Vuk, there is one more option you could exercise. IPA-builder supports an
--lzma flag to pack the initramfs with a more efficient algorithm:
https://opendev.org/openstack/ironic-python-agent-builder/src/branch/master/ironic_python_agent_builder/__init__.py#L56
.

Dmitry

--
Red Hat GmbH, https://de.redhat.com/ , Registered seat: Grasbrunn,
Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Brian Klemm, Laurie Krebs, Michael