[ops][victoria][cinder] Import volume?

DHilsbos at performair.com DHilsbos at performair.com
Mon May 10 14:57:11 UTC 2021

All;

I've been successful at the tasks listed below, but the resulting volumes don't boot.  They stop early in the boot process indicating the root partition cannot be found.

I suspect the issue is with either the disk UUID links, or with partition detection.

When running the VMs under XenServer, we have /dev/disk/by-uuid/<UUID> --> /dev/xvda#

Are these created dynamically by the kernel, or are they static soft-links?

Can I get away with adjusting fstab to use what the partitions are likely to be after transition to OpenStac?  Are these of this form: /dev/vda#?

Thank you,

Dominic L. Hilsbos, MBA
Vice President – Information Technology
Perform Air International Inc.