[nova] Getting compute nodes disabled by default

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Sun May 9 09:11:15 UTC 2021

Hi Nova team,

I was wondering if there was a way so that new compute nodes appear as
disabled when they pop up. Indeed, the default workflow is that they
first appear in the "nova" availability zone, and enabled by default.
This doesn't really fit a production environment. I'd prefer if they
could appear disabled, and if I had to enable them manually, when I'm
finished running validity tests, and when my scripts have finished
moving the new compute in the correct availability zone.

Your thoughts?

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)