[neutron][stadium][stable] Proposal to make stable/ocata and stable/pike branches EOL

Előd Illés elod.illes at est.tech
Wed May 5 18:35:48 UTC 2021

Hi,

Ocata is unfortunately unmaintained for a long time as some general test
jobs are broken there, so as a stable-maint-core member I support to tag
neutron's stable/ocata as End of Life. After the branch is tagged,
please ping me and I can arrange the deletion of the branch.

For Pike, I volunteered at the PTG in 2020 to help with reviews there, I
still keep that offer, however I am clearly not enough to keep it
maintained, besides backports are not arriving for stable/pike in
neutron. Anyway, if the gate is functional there, then I say we could
keep it open (but as far as I see how gate situation is worsen now, as
more and more things go wrong, I don't expect that will take long). If
not, then I only ask that let's do the EOL'ing first with Ocata and when
it is done, then continue with neutron's stable/pike.

For the process please follow the steps here:
https://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/stable-branches.html#end-of-life
(with the only exception, that in the last step, instead of infra team,
please turn to me/release team - patch for the documentation change is
on the way:
https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/project-team-guide/+/789932 )

Thanks,

Előd