[openstack-ansible] Keystone federation with OpenID needs shibboleth

Jonathan Rosser jonathan.rosser at rd.bbc.co.uk
Wed May 5 15:56:37 UTC 2021

Hi Jean-Francois,

I have a similar deployment of Victoria on Ubuntu 18.04 using OIDC .

On Ubuntu 18.04 libapache2-mod-auth-openidc and libapache2-mod-shib2
can't be co-installed as they require conflicting versions of libcurl -
see the workaround here
https://github.com/openstack/openstack-ansible-os_keystone/blob/master/vars/debian.yml#L58-L61

For Ubuntu 20.04 these packages are co-installable so whenever keystone
is configured to be a SP both are installed, as here
https://github.com/openstack/openstack-ansible-os_keystone/blob/master/vars/ubuntu-20.04.yml#L58-L60

A starting point would be checking what you've got
keystone_sp.apache_mod set to in your config, as this drives how the
apache config is constructed, here
https://github.com/openstack/openstack-ansible-os_keystone/blob/master/tasks/main.yml#L51-L68

In particular, if keystone_sp.apache_mod is undefined in your config,
the defaults assume mod_shib is required.

You can also join us in the IRC channel #openstack-ansible we can debug
further.

Regards
Jonathan.