[heat] [aodh] [autoscaling] [openstack victoria] How to setup aodh and heat to auto scale in openstack victoria based on cpu usage?

Swogat Pradhan swogatpradhan22 at gmail.com
Wed May 5 05:02:26 UTC 2021

Hi,

How to set up aodh and heat to auto scale in openstack victoria based on
cpu usage?

As the metric cpu_util is now deprecated, how can someone use heat to auto
scale up and down using cpu usage of the instance?

I checked the ceilometer package and I could see the transformers are
removed so i can't see any other way to perform arithmetic operations and
generate cpu usage in percentage.

Any insight is appreciated.

with regards

Swogat pradhan